Equipment and hardware
La Cambre has access to a wide range of equipment and hardware used in traditional techniques as well as new technologies – among others, the FabLab, the 3-D printing workshop. The school makes available certain resources to teachers and students:
- digital rooms: 4 classrooms and 3 multi-use spaces
- internet access in all buildings
- loaner equipment: hard drives, SLR cameras and digital cameras
- print shop: typographical presses, typographical proof makers, a collection of metal type, tools for digital printing
- woodworking and technical workshop (around 300 m2), casting room and thermoforming processing + Fab Lab: 3-D printing press
- screening rooms: the Léon Stynen Auditorium (capacity: 140) and 3 auditoriums with audio-visual equipment
- photography studio
- film and sound studio (used in animation)
There is also other technical equipment, for silkscreening printing, lithography and photography, a video editing room, ovens and a bronze crucible, equipment for weaving, a laboratory and several spaces devoted to exhibitions and gallery space, managed by the different departments.
Restaurant and cafeterias
The school offers both a restaurant and a cafeteria located on the ground floor of the main building (21, Abbaye de La Cambre) and a cafeteria at 427, Avenue Louise (3rd floor). The restaurant can only be accessed by school students and staff
The restaurant, recently restored, was built in 1972 by the interior designer Christophe Gevers – a teacher at La Cambre from 1959 to 1993.
The restaurant offers hot and cold meals from 12 noon to 1:30 PM.
The cafeteria offers an assortment of sandwiches, fruits and desserts from 10:00 AM- 5:00 PM
Open daily except weekends and during school vacations.